Norse Idun Sea Kayak
$3,899.00 – $5,299.00 (inc GST)
The Idun is a responsive and playful touring kayak. The hard chines on the hull make the kayak a joy to edge. On edge it’s stable and will turn quickly. However, when sitting flat, the ‘V’ shape of the keel allows the Idun to track straight. Use the skeg to control the kayak, and it’ll track well regardless of the direction of the wind. Simply adjust the amount the skeg is deployed to keep the kayak on track. The cockpit ergonomics are spot-on for all day comfort. With just the right amount of shape, the seat gives plenty of support while minimising pressure points. With classic, clean lines, the Idun looks good and it paddles even better.
- Two main hatches and two day hatches
- Quality Kajak Sport hatches
- Adjustable foot pedals
- Molded in bulkheads
Length: 485 cm
Width: 54 cm
Weight: 23kg (fibreglass) & 20kg (carbon)
Cockpit dimensions: 84 x 46cm
Recommended paddler weight: 45kg. – 80kg
Volume: 274l (front hatch: 45l, cockpit: 145l, day hatch: 30l, rear hatch: 54l
Maximum loading weight: 110kg
Using the skeg
This kayak is equipped with a skeg to help it track well in windy conditions.
- Fully retract the skeg when paddling directly into the wind.
- Set the skeg at halfway when paddling when the wind is perpendicular to your kayak.
- Deploy the skeg all the way down when you are paddling downwind.
- The amount of skeg used will vary, so adjust as required to keep the kayak on track.
Try This Kayak
We have a demo available for this kayak. Please contact us if you would like to arrange a trial. Conditions apply when trialing a kayak.
This kayak suits a Day Two Cyan Tag / Cyan Tag EasyFit Neoprene Spraydeck