Norse Bylgja Sea Kayak – Arriving 2021
$3,399.00 – $3,899.00 (inc GST)
available for orders up to $2,000.00 Learn More
Stock is due to arrive in October. Please get in touch if you are interested in securing a Norse kayak.
The Bylgja is a hard chine kayak with a pronounced ‘Vee’ shape to the keel. This design allows the kayak to track well and yet still be easy to turn. It responds well to edging, and is stable when on edge. It’s a rewarding kayak to paddle. Use the skeg to control the kayak, and it’ll track well regardless of the direction of the wind. The cockpit ergonomics are spot-on for all day comfort. With just the right amount of shape, the seat gives paddlers plenty of support and minimises pressure points. The Bylgja suits paddlers between 60 & 110kg. Smaller paddlers should look at the Idun. Contact us if you would like to take the Bylgia for a trial.
- Two main hatches and two day hatches.
- Quality Kajak Sport hatches
- Adjustable foot pedals
- Molded in bulkheads
Length: 520 cm
Width: 55 cm
Fiberglass: 24 kg
Carbon: 21 kg
Width: 40 cm
Length: 84 cm
Height: 30 cm
Using the skeg
This kayak is equipped with a skeg to help it track well in windy conditions.
- Fully retract the skeg when paddling directly into the wind.
- Set the skeg at halfway when paddling when the wind is perpendicular to your kayak.
- Deploy the skeg all the way down when you are paddling downwind.
- The amount of skeg used will vary, so adjust as required to keep the kayak on track.